Prep time-10 min
Cooking time 10 min
- Cluster beans /Guvar phali-250 gm
- Green chillies-4
- Ajwain(carom seeds)-1 tsp
- Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
- Yoghurt-3 tbls
- Chilli powder-1.5 tsp
- Turmeric -1/2 tsp
- Mango powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1.5 tsp
- Sugar-a pinch of
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Wash and destring the cluster beans/guvar and chop into medium size pieces.
- Pressure cook with 1 glass of water for 3 whistles.
- Open the cooker and drain the beans in a colander to drain off all the water,no need to press and squeeze the water from the beans.
- Take curd in a bowl and mix salt,sugar, chilli powder, coriander powder and mango powder.
- Heat oil in a pan,add asafoetida and ajwain ,fry till golden in colour
- Add green chillies(chopped in big pieces) turmeric and boiled guvar phali, saute for 1 minute
- Add the yoghurt mix, stir fry and let it cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.keep stirring in between.
- Serve hot.
serving suggestions-serve as side dish with roti,daal aur rice