Stuffed Masala Buns/Dinner Rolls with a spicy fillingPROCEDURE-
- Refined flour /Maida-3 cup
- Olive oil-2 tbsp
- Active dry yeast-2 tsp
- Sugar-1 tbsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Chili flakes-1 tsp
- Fresh coriander-1/4 cup
- Boiled potato-2
- Boiled corn or peas-1/2 cup
- Chopped capsicum-1/2 cup
- Green chilies-2
- Pav bhaji masala-1 tsp
- Turmeric-1/3 tsp
- Salt-1/3 tsp
- Mango powder-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil/Butter-3 tsp
- Cumin-1/2 tsp
- Take a bowl add 1 cup luke warm milk ,sugar and yeast,mix properly,cover and rest for 10 minutes to activate the yeast(wait untill the bowl surface fully covered with froth)
- In a seperate bowl add refined flour, salt,chili flakes, olive oil,chopped fresh coriander and mix gently .
- Now add the yeast mixture and make a soft dough,can add some lukewarm water if needed.
- When you get a nice dough,gently knead it for approx 5 minutes till it become smooth .
- Cover and keep aside the dough to rest for around 1-1.5 hour or till it doubles in volume.
- Masala-take a pan and add oil or butter,when become warm add cumin seeds and chopped green chilies.
- Then add turmeric,coarsly mashed potatoes,and all the spices and vegetables.
- Now mix and stir fry all for approx 2 minutes ,till everything blends and cooks well.
- Take out in a bowl and let it cool down completly.
- Take out the dough and punch down gently 2-3 times to remove the air .
- Now make equal sized balls from the dough (approx 15)
- Grease your palms and flatten a bowl on your palm and place approx.1.5 tsp mixture in the center,
- Pull and bring all the edges in the centre and seal the ball completely.and make a smooth and neat ball.
- Brush the top of the buns with milk and bake in a preheated oven 180 degree C for approx 15 minutes or till top become nicely golden.
- When done remove from the oven and apply melted butter on top.
- Enjoy with a cup of hot coffee!