preparation time-10 minutes
cooking time-15 minutes
- Potato-Wash and peel potatoes and make big cubes.
- Take a bowl and add all the dry spices in it and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt over potato pieces and rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and then gently slide the potatoes cubes in the oil
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat till just done.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and drain on a paper napkin and let it cool down.
- Now press the potatoes between your palms or press with the bottom of a small metal bowl.
- Don't press too hard otherwise they will break into pieces or will turn into a mash.you just have to slightly flatten them.
- Heat the oil again and fry the pieces on high heat till they become golden and crisp.
- Drain on a paper napkin and immedietely sprinkle the spice mix,and gently mix.
- Serve immediately as they will loose their crispiness after some time.
- Slice brinjals in 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick roundals.
- Make criss cross cuts in the brinjal slices,don't slice too deep,and sprinkle little salt over them
- Heat oil and gently slide the brinjal in the hot oil.
- Deep fry from both the sides on medium heat till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin and sprinkle th spice mix
1-If serving aloo tuk as a starter or making for a party then prefer to use baby potatoes for a even look.
2- For a quick version-you can also use pre-boiled potatoes for making aloo took.just peel and press the boiled potato cubes,sprinkle some salt and fry on medium heat till golden and crisp.
3-Slice potatoes in roundals(like brinjals) and then make criss cross on them and first half fry them,then refry again on high heat,drain and sprinkle spice mix.